Pages

Sunday 14 May 2017

Promises? No promises....

Ever buy a stamp/die/other craft item, get it home & wonder how you're going to use it?  Then it sits looking at you for three years, making you feel terribly guilty.......Yeah, me too!


I think the basic problem is the style of the stamp is a long way away from my style.  However it's good to get out of your comfort zone, right?

This 'three years in the making' card is just to let you know we have a SHABBY CHIC challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and we'd love to see what you create.

I'd love to play along with the Retro Rubber challenge who want to see flowers.  As mentioned this stamp is at least three years old, I purchased it at a craft show & it sticks in my mind because another trader made a bitchy comment about the manufacturer after i'd bought it.  As I say, you can't like everyone in the world but you do have to co-exist & tolerate one another.

Hope you all have a lovely day,

The Genius (Occasionally!) xx

8 comments:

Fiona said...

fabby card Abi, it was worth keeping it for 3 years...lol!

Hope you are well.

Fi
x

Jan Clothier said...

Yes! Snap to buying something that looks wonderful and then going home and wondering how to best use it! You've done a lovely job with this stamp -worth the wait! The distressed edges really add to the shabby chic vibe and your soft colours are so dreamy and romantic. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our spring flowers challenge.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Hehe, yes, been there, done that! I have virgin stash galore and I DO feel guilty if I don't use them quickly. LOVE what you did with this pretty stamp though, so soft and pretty. Love the distressed layers and the muted gentle tones. Gorgeous card Abi! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Debbie Mageed said...

I have a whole craft room full of things waiting for me to be courageous enough to use them! LOL Your card is beautiful! No problems with this set obviously! The texture really brings out the vintage style. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Claire Grantham said...

LOL. I hear you! I have a stamp set that I have had for about 4 years and I pull it out, look at it and nothing happens. Looking at your card, I think you have wrangled this stamp into submission, your card is lovely, so soft and elegant. Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Nice card! I love the soft colors you have used on your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Yup!! I have a few items like that in my craft room, waiting for me to play with, most times is the lack of time that prevents me from using them.
So glad you played along with us at RETRO RUBBER with this beautiful card, love the vintage, distressed look and the soft colors.
Hope you join us again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Katy McGloin said...

It may have been out of your comfort zone, but you certainly accomplished the soft shabby look! Very feminine colors with lots of distressed texture. Thanks for sharing this sweet card with Retro Rubber this week. Hope to see you often in our gallery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...